Digital transformation is a journey, not a one-off project, so you need a guide when building a digital business platform. And analysts have plenty of advice to share.
According to Aragon Research, becoming a digital business is not a technology-only change. Companies must put the customer first when designing business models, processes, and services. Digital business platforms act as a dynamic integration hub that connects people, software, and machines to achieve business goals.
Gartner recommends a business outcome-driven enterprise architecture and building a digital business platform by acquiring new technologies, developing competencies, and integrating legacy systems. Its research indicates that the most successful digital businesses:
- Use a wider range of products, architectural techniques, and services than others
- Invest in building technical teams with sustained investment over many years
- Rely on service providers when building their digital business platform
Forrester recommends pursuing future-fit technology. Companies must ensure their IT infrastructure becomes more resilient and creative, and business and technology leaders must help their firms modernize and replatform to deliver:
- New, compelling employee and customer experiences
- Insights that prompt their operations to act faster and more effectively
- Connected ecosystems for sustainability and differentiation