Advice from the analysts
Digital transformation is a journey, not a project, so you need a guide when building a digital business platform. Analysts – including Aragon Research, Gartner, and Forrester, to name a few – have plenty of advice to share.
According to Aragon Research, becoming a digital business is not a technology-only change. Companies must put the customer first when designing business models, processes, and services. Digital business platforms act as a dynamic integration hub that connects people, software, and machines to achieve business goals. Aragon Research has even named Genpact as a leader in the 2021 edition of the Aragon Research Globe for Digital Business Platforms – an accolade Genpact has secured for the past three years.
Gartner recommends creating a business outcome-driven enterprise architecture and to build a digital business platform by acquiring new technologies, developing competencies, and integrating legacy systems. Their research indicates that the most successful digital businesses:
- Use a wider range of products, architectural techniques, and services than others do
- Invest to build a large technical team with significant, sustained investment over many years
- Rely overwhelmingly on service providers when building their digital business platform
Forrester advises CIOs to pursue future-fit technology to provide a blueprint for new ways forward. Companies must ensure their IT infrastructure becomes more resilient and creative, and business and technology leaders must help their firm modernize and re-platform today to deliver:
- New, compelling employee and customer experiences
- Insights that prompt their operations to act faster and more effectively
- Connected ecosystems for sustainability and differentiation