Enable digital manufacturing by connecting the dots on the factory floor
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is disrupting manufacturing—and that opens up real opportunities for early adopters looking for a competitive edge. However, while most business leaders recognize the potential of IIoT, they often struggle with how to put it to work. Here are the steps you can take to ensure success.
- Determine specific ways that IIoT can best serve your company’s business strategy
- Identify key use cases and use agile methodology to rapidly test feasibility and impact
- Institute the right technology, data, and analytics infrastructure. Reimagine end-to-end processes for system interoperability, data management, speed, and scalability as your firm’s IIoT initiative matures
- Put robust security and data privacy safeguards in place to minimize risk
- Get your company ready with a change management strategy
- Develop a resource management strategy to support ongoing operations, system maintenance, and upgrades early in the design phase