What We Do
Smart Processes to Deliver Clean and Efficient Energy
The energy industry is in the midst of change like never before, driven by new exploration technologies, production and development processes, and a surge in global demand. Despite this growth, the pressures faced by the industry continue to mount due to stricter regulatory requirements, increasing EHS concerns, global resourcing challenges, and macroeconomic uncertainty. These conditions magnify traditional cost pressures, increase the need for skilled resources, and add significantly to the volume, variety, and velocity of data generated.
As a result, energy companies are increasingly looking to reduce operational costs, improve decision-making, effectively utilize both capacity and assets, and invest in new technologies.
With its diverse offerings, Genpact penetrates multiple businesses across the energy value chain, from oil and gas to power generation OEMs, energy services, and transmission and distribution.
Core enterprise services
- Finance and accounting services – End-to-end solutions for the financial supply chain, including accounts payable, order to cash, record to report, and general ledger
- Procurement –End-to-end solutions across both indirect and direct materials for the upstream segment, delivering measurable improvements in compliance, total cost of ownership (TCO), working capital, and material and services availability
- Logistics and fulfillment support – Helps downstream companies enhance visibility and optimization across areas, including logistics network design, distribution centers, carrier sourcing, and metrics rationalization
- Aftermarket service – End-to-end solutions, focusing on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of service supply chains and thereby improving service revenues and margins
Core industry operations
- Engineering and manufacturing solution –Our highly experienced and qualified engineers help solve complex engineering problems, drive product cost opportunities, reduce time to market, and foster product innovation. We provide end-to-end oil and gas engineering and design services, ranging from value redesign and engineering, new product development and introduction, technical documentation, and reliability engineering.
Smart decision services
- Analytics and research – Delivers insights and intelligence to help companies make smarter decisions and address challenges around regulations, risk, and growth. Key offerings include sales and marketing analytics, supply chain decision services, service contract analytics, energy-trading risk management, and oil pricing analytics.
- Business process re-engineering – Drives process optimization and ongoing effectiveness through the Global Business Services model
- Proprietary process-driven tools across enterprise applications and IT infrastructure management help energy companies maximize their IT investments and operational efficiencies
- Energy companies are able to improve their business processes, increase regulatory compliance, and manage enterprise risk more effectively by partnering with Genpact. Our domain and analytics experts work together to identify inefficiencies in the complex energy supply chain and to provide insights that lead to smarter decisions, thereby reducing costs and improving operating models.
- Deep understanding of the energy industry; more than 10 years’ experience working with multiple Fortune Global 500 clients
- Over two thousand industry experts working in a flexible global delivery model (onsite, offshore, right-shore, and near-shore)
- Strong expertise across the value lifecycle; oil and gas engineering services, forecasting, planning, sourcing, procurement, fulfillment, and aftermarket services
- Integrated process, analytics, and technology expertise to deliver superior business outcomes
A Fortune 500 oil and gas major needed to strengthen upstream procurement safety and compliance controls while preparing for a complex global ERP migration. Genpact is helping the client achieve these objectives through the standardization and compliance of sourcing and contracting processes, by managing master data effectively, and by reducing the purchase-to-pay cycle time across multiple global locations.
Risk managers at a Fortune 500 oil and gas company were faced with data and time constraints, which in turn, impacted its decision making. Genpact’s Center of Excellence (CoE) for Risk Mitigation is helping the client drive enterprise risk down globally and make smarter decisions on pricing and asset utilization by leveraging advanced analytics.
The sourcing process for a leading energy equipment manufacturer was decentralized and fragmented across multiple business units, which resulted in low spend visibility, higher levels of non-compliance, and cost leakages. Genpact’s category and sourcing experts analyzed the client’s spend across categories, business units, and locations and identified multiple saving opportunities. The result was a 12 percent savings, increased compliance, and a doubling of spending visibility, which led to smarter and more effective sourcing management processes.
A leading energy equipment manufacturer had to manage equipment outages more effectively and at a lower cost and thereby serve customers better and faster across the globe. Genpact helped develop and deploy an integrated solution of smarter sourcing processes and effective transactional procurement activities. This solution resulted in $8.72 million savings, increased availability of direct materials, and improved sourcing effectiveness.
A US-based global solar photovoltaic (PV) manufacturer was aggressively expanding its business into new markets in India, Africa, Australia, South Europe, and the Middle East. However, the company lacked the ready resources to rapidly design to local standards and meet cost pressures from increasing competition. Genpact helped this client become more “intelligent” by putting in place smarter sourcing and design processes that improved the current design, decreased time to market by four months, and produced over $4 million in annual savings.
A US-based energy services company needed an effective solution to reduce their daily sales outstanding (DSO), the growing volume of disputed invoices and accounts over 90 days past due. Working closely with the client, Genpact implemented the Akritiv software as a service (SaaS) solution for working capital management, which catalyzes the acceleration of cash conversion cycles, reduces operating expenses, and provides deep intelligence and analytics within the energy order to cash processes. This resulted in a seven-day DSO reduction, a 45 percent reduction in disputed invoice dollars, and a working capital unlock in the millions of dollars, within six months of deployment.