Genpact's purpose, the relentless pursuit of a world that works better for people, is critical to driving sustainable and impactful change for our employees, clients, and the global communities we belong to. Our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion is based on four pillars that help us fulfill this purpose.
Attracting diverse talent
Genpact is dedicated to recruiting from a diverse talent pool by working with partners and universities that specialize in hiring candidates from underrepresented communities and strengthening our employee referral programs.
Empowering employees to reach their full potential is at the forefront of everything we do, with a special focus on supporting people from minority groups.
For example, our partnerships with Coqual and the Executive Leadership Council offer mentorship programs for diverse employees. And our partnership with Moving Ahead and the 30% Club enables employees to move into leadership positions with support from external mentors. Other initiatives include our:
- Women's Leadership Program, a twelve-month course designed in collaboration with Harvard Business Publishing to accelerate the careers of the next generation of female leaders
- Racial Equity Sponsorship program that promotes, rewards, and recognizes our Black and Latinx employees by honing their skills for top management positions
- Scholarship and mentorship program for young girls from low-income backgrounds across India in partnership with the non-profit Udayan Care
Creating a supportive ecosystem
We're building an environment where everyone feels valued through the creation of affinity groups and an allyship program that helps us address underrepresentation of marginalized groups. They instill a sense of community where people can come together to share thoughts and common experiences.
- The Black and Latinx affinity groups serve as an external advisory group, supporting our organization's focus on building diverse talent and multicultural partnerships
- The LGBTQ+ affinity group allows us to connect with colleagues to engage our workforce in open conversations to help make Genpact more inclusive as we grow
- The affinity group for women in AI, digital, and analytics has been making a lasting impact on creating wide-ranging opportunities for women in STEM fields
- The allyship program enables employees of all backgrounds to support their colleagues
Cultivating an external network
Working with our communities also furthers efforts toward social and racial justice. For example, we collaborate with expert groups such as Coqual, Anthem, Catalyst, and EDIT Development to generate pioneering research and tools for webinars, workshops, and content focused on increasing awareness of key challenges facing marginalized communities.