What We Do
Master Data Management
Generating Master Data Management Impact
Recent research conducted among finance, accounting, and procurement professionals revealed that improvements in MDM could have a material impact on their key business challenges, but MDM is one of the least mature functions. Robust master data management (MDM) requires processes and tools that continuously maintain data quality and accuracy.
Genpact's master data services ensure you focus on the areas that deliver the most business impact to reduce the total cost of operations, deliver more accurate reporting, improve regulatory compliance, and enable better business outcomes.
Effective master data management sits at the core of truly intelligent operations that can act, sense, and learn from your data.
Genpact designs, transforms, and runs intelligent MDM operations for clients. By combining our proprietary Smart Enterprise ProcessesSM methodology with our deep industry and domain knowledge, we offer end-to-end solutions:
- Consulting services: MDM strategy and roadmap, data governance, and maturity assessments
- Target operating model design: best-in-class target operating models to support operational and strategic data stewardship
- Process reengineering: proven MDM processes and controls for product, vendor, material and customer master data management
- Technology: implementation and management of MDM technology across multiple domains
- Master data quality: data profiling, cleansing, enrichment, and data migration services
- Master data stewardship: shared services for master data management and stewardship tasks; a center of excellence can define and continuously improve MDM operations
Genpact's MDM practice team supports clients by leveraging its experience and capabilities from:
- More than 40 customers around the world
- Servicing clients through 1,500 FTEs
- Managing, on behalf of clients, each month:
- 55,000 product records
- 90,000 supplier records
- 30,000 material records
- 20,000 customer records
- Gold standard methodology based on more than 4,500 transitions
- Structured change management and risk mitigation methodologies
- Domain frameworks for implementing best practices
Clients benefit from our MDM capabilities, which deliver significant competitive advantage.
Global CPG manufacturer enjoys increased sales and marketing effectiveness - thanks to more robust master data management processRead Now
Master data management: Seven levers that will make a difference to the CEORead Now
Increasing procurement efficiency by 95% by creating a one-stop shop for all master data
A global Oil and Gas company required a shared center of excellence for materials, vendor and service master data but lacked standard processes across the business.
The client benefited from more than 98% accuracy, as well as 100% request processing and 99% issue resolution within one business day. The client reduced costs by 35% and turnaround time for bulk data by 45%, increased accuracy by 40%, and cut procurement cycle times by 35%.
Improving spend visibility and vendor risk by harnessing mater data management to save up to $98 million
Genpact worked with a global pharmaceutical company to address its vendor and indirect material master data, improve spend visibility and purchasing, strengthen vendor risk management, and introduce regulatory third-party oversight. We analyzed the company's data quality, target operating model, and taxonomies to create a transformation roadmap.
By focusing on the areas that generate greatest MDM impact, Genpact delivered a robust vendor data model with quality guidelines and data governance. We identified $70–98 million in benefits from operational, sourcing, and MDM initiatives.
Improving operational efficiency by designing a best-in-class target operating model with $5 million in savings
A global Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company engaged Genpact to recommend a best-in-class target operating model to streamline the company's data management organization.
Our model focused on streamlining operations, driving continuous improvement, and applying the Lean methodology to improve data quality and increase strategic governance across the enterprise.
After identifying gaps with the existing operating model, Genpact proposed a new organizational structure, back-office stewardship, and a transition roadmap. The CPG firm identified savings of $3–5 million over five years by moving product data management to the back office and shifting the front office from operations to strategic governance.