Client: Among the world's largest greeting card companies
Industry: Consumer Goods
Business need addressed: Build an intelligent Systems of EngagementTM to automate order replenishment process and improve accuracy, efficiency, and lead time
Genpact solution: Implemented a cloud-based order automation solution built on the Genpact order management platform for faster data validation and seamless management of exceptions and approvals
- Asset optimization
- Access to technology
- Customer satisfaction
- Growth and scalability
This greeting card manufacturer, the largest in North America, needed to transform its complex order management system for greater efficiency and enhanced customer experience.
Genpact designed a cloud-based end-to-end solution on the Genpact order management platform that increased efficiency and reduced the order rejection rate from 19% to zero.
The company had a complex but sub-optimal order management process designed to cater to an unusual business model. The complexity was mostly due to a diverse range of products including seasonal products as well as legacy processes from mergers and acquisitions. The company was also managing the product display, including fixtures and shelves, in the retail stores.
The process complexities involved the following:
- More than 30,000 product codes
- Separate orders for products and fixtures
- A set of distinct business rules for each product type and different methods of processing. The business rules were validated manually on multiple legacy systems, which led to errors and increased turnaround time
- Non-standard formats for order entries filled by 12,000 part-time merchandisers resulting in disproportionately long time spent validating data
- Multiple teams for exception approvals resulted in processing delays
The Genpact order management platform helped the client transform its order management processes and improve efficiency by 70%
Genpact automated the processes through a Systems of EngagementTM platform that integrated easily with the client's existing systems.
The end-to-end solution included the following:
- Standardizing the order input templates
- Designing intelligent business rules for
- Data validation, including master data checks and data transformation
- Seamless management of exceptions and approvals
- Creating consistency in how orders were processed
- Connecting the compliant, fully validated orders to the client's ERP system for timely fulfillment of orders
- Addressing business pain points such as longer lead time with fewer manual touches; improved customer experience by reducing order rejections to none and improved efficiency
Genpact transformed the company’s order management system and within three months helped achieve:
- An efficiency gain of 70% through automation of order entry and exception/approval
- Lead time reduction of more than 90%, from 30 minutes to an average of less than 3 minutes
- Rejection rate of zero, which lead to improved customer experience