A leading U.S. based CPG company wanted to develop the annual sales and marketing plan for a laundry care product using marketing spend ROI analysis.
- Collection and analysis of spend data from disparate sources in time to determine next year’s plan
- Earlier studies and analysis on advertising spend not adequate to provide ROI estimates and optimal Gross Rating Point (GRP)
- Data harmonization and standardization through data collection templates helped in bringing down collection and preparation time
- Marketing mix framework to understand the spend vs. sales performance by each marketing channel e.g. trade, TV, print, digital, PR, direct etc.
- Developed response curve to identify optimal GRPs and reach metrics for TV campaigns, which were a large proportion of marketing spend
Business impact delivered
Marketing plans quality improved leading to effective and timely decision making by brand managers for e.g. increase use of digital was one of the top priorities.