The value of this end-to-end, holistic approach to logistics and transportation is clear – enhanced category planning and strategic sourcing to maximize savings, use resources efficiently, and reduce costs for greater speed to value.
Our approach to supplier management uses analytics to objectively score their performance and identify both upstream and downstream risks, providing data-driven methods to develop and diversify the supply base.
We evaluate markets and provide industry analytics to give you real-time insights to optimize operations and planning as well as manage inflationary pressures.
Our approach and capabilities have helped our clients:
- Increase international and domestic visibility of inbound and outbound shipments throughout the shipping process
- Achieve up to a 10% reduction in transportation costs due to greater control and auditing
- Obtain an 8–10% reduction in negotiated rates
- Identify a 20–25% reduction in labor through process automation and eliminating manual booking, tendering, and track and trace
- Implement a 5–10% reduction in the number of trips/loads required through better capacity planning
Here's how our services have helped two clients.
A building products manufacturer and retailer wasn't using its transport management system (TMS) to full capacity. We redesigned it, trained employees how to use it and by the time our work was complete, we'd reduced the number of trips and loads the company's fleet was making by 5% and provided greater visibility into the status of inbound and outbound shipments.
A lighting systems automotive sector client was facing smaller shipments, a rising product portfolio, and more demanding customers. These and other factors were causing logistical challenges. We set up a scenario and defined user cases for a supply chain control tower to enable advanced partner and cost management that reduced the total cost of logistics by 14%, even in the face of the company's shrinking volume.