Staying on track with regional regulatory knowledge
Genpact is the company's finance and procurement transformation partner for EMEA operations. With extensive experience in delivering managed services to more than 150 other EMEA organizations, we had an objective view of both the regulatory landscape and the company's operating requirements.
With that in mind, the company selected us over its incumbent systems integration partner to design and localize SAP S/4HANA in this region. We repaid this trust by working quickly and diving deep. We found instances in which the company had applied internal process controls unevenly. In other cases, processes were governed by rules that were difficult to define or standardize. These gaps became opportunities to standardize the company's operations and ERP platform.
Without this work, the pharmaceutical company would have remained saddled with complicated operations that could have slowed its global transformation.
In just 20 weeks, our teams:
- Identified more than 100 key design decisions to guide customization and development
- Localized the global template for all 28 EMEA countries
- Compiled more than 1,000 LSTR design components
- Surfaced major gaps in the company's existing rulebook, including 47 SoD conflicts, 600 standard transactions, and 500 custom transactions, all of which were undefined
- Designed ERP user access roles to reflect SAP S/4HANA best practices
- Created 120 business-process-design maps to act as a baseline for future project phases
- Ensured end-user preparedness through training workshops, support for user-acceptance and system-integration testing, up-to-date and version-controlled standard operating processes, and change management
- We worked with stakeholders in each of the company's 41 EMEA affiliates to understand their business processes and related LSTR variances. We also spoke with the company's design authority board, which was responsible for its key design decisions.
Close coordination across these affiliates, the system-integration partner, and Genpact helped the pharmaceutical company:
- Define all business processes after migrating to SAP S/4HANA
- Clarify roles across processes
- Define process KPIs and operational controls
- Manage change for the global transformation