Top 5 global pharmaceutical manufacturer, headquartered in the US
Business need addressed:
Real time customer insights to position their new drug during and post launch against competing brands, and an effective mechanism to capture adverse event reports and customer reactions related to the drug on social media
Genpact monitored social media and targeted online sources to capture real-time customer conversations. Insights from influential stakeholders discussing the therapeutic area were captured to provide input on product and brand perception, and a recurring reporting mechanism was set up to provide guidance on patient expectations, adverse event reporting, and competitor positioning.
- Improved brand communication and social media messaging related to the therapeutic area
- Increased agility in responding to new market developments
- On track to capture a $500 million revenue opportunity
A global pharmaceutical company preparing for a new drug launch needed real-time customer insights to understand patient needs and challenges for successful commercialization to drive product positioning and real-time access to customer information and complaints to rapidly assess and respond to adverse events while ensuring regulatory reporting.
We enabled the client to map social media channels and capture real-time insights to identify influential stakeholders and map the competitive landscape while putting in place a targeted monitoring mechanism that analyzed social media chatter for adverse event reporting, reducing the client’s time to market, enhancing response agility to new market developments, and enabling better product positioning and adverse event reporting processes and outcomes.
A global pharmaceutical company preparing for a drug launch needed real-time customer insights to improve the firm’s product positioning and regulatory compliance strategy. The drug manufacturer needed to analyze the unmet needs of patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals to develop suitable communications and social media campaigns to introduce the drug. The company also needed to respond proactively to customer queries and complaints on social media and ensure prompt reporting of any adverse events for regulatory compliance.
The project team identified influential stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem and captured their discussions about the therapeutic area on targeted online forums for product and brand perception. Analyzing competitors’ engagement efforts on social media and their advertised/promoted strengths and benefits helped the company fine-tune its product positioning by highlighting drawbacks in competing products. Social media insights based on primary research also helped the company validate its market segmentation approach. The company used social media analysis for each patient segment by identifying influential websites and pinpointing the topics of relevance. This helped the company understand the level of social media activity for each patient lifecycle stage starting from the onset of the disease condition.
Social media analysts were trained on the specific regulatory requirements of adverse events reporting. An intelligent tracking mechanism was implemented to review samples of social media conversations across all identified sources and forums on a topic only when it crossed an agreed threshold. All conversations in the sample were reviewed in detail to determine the response required. The pharmacovigilance team was immediately notified about any reportable events while the company’s marketing and customer relations teams were alerted so they could prevent any potential negativity by contacting the patient.
- With this solution, the client easily compared findings and validated primary research in order to improve brand communication and social messaging, which also enabled the client to identify their niche target segment’s unmet needs from the social media perspective
- Following a successful drug launch, our client met their initial prescription goals in early 2015 and is currently on track to capture the potential market opportunity, estimated at $300–500 million within an accelerated time frame. With real-time reporting capability from social media channels, the company has greater agility in responding to new market developments and staying ahead of the competition