What We Do
Generating Chemical Industry Impact
The global chemical industry is currently experiencing a number of structural inflections driven by globalization, fluctuating raw material prices and stricter industry regulations:
These challenges require chemical companies to constantly innovate, increase responsiveness and agility, and grow – and while doing so, managing a global organization while producing at a lower total cost of operations and optimizing the utilization of assets.
Genpact provides a comprehensive suite of BPO, Analytics and IT services and solutions to chemical companies:
- Smart Enterprise Processes (SEPSM) is Genpact’s proprietary business process management framework, which makes enterprises more competitive and intelligent.
- Smart Decision Services
- Analytics and Research: Delivers insights and intelligence to help companies make smarter decisions and address challenges around regulations, risk, and growth
- Business Process Re-engineering: Drives chemical process optimization and ongoing effectiveness through the Global Business Services model
- Technology Management: Our end-to-end solutions and proprietary process-driven tools across Enterprise Application and IT Infrastructure Management help chemical companies maximize their IT investments and operational efficiencies.
- Finance and Accounting Services: End-to-end solutions for the financial supply chain, including accounts payable, order to cash, record to report, and general ledger services
- Recovery Audit Services: Post-payment audit to recover excess payment from suppliers
- Product Cost Accounting: Provides a holistic view of product cost and related variance analysis, enabling fact-based and granular decision making and resulting in improved margins
- Enterprise Risk Management: End-to-end risk management solutions across market risk, credit risk, and operational risk areas
- Risk Analytics: Analyses of contract risk, profitability, and credit and market risk, enabling better decision making
- Inventory optimization: Helps chemical companies reduce working capital and carry out salvaging
- Supply Chain Decision Services: Reduce cost and working capital while improving service levels by optimizing complete chemical supply chain
- Logistics Analytics: Enhance visibility and optimization across the logistics network, including design, distribution centers, carrier sourcing, and metrics rationalization
- Procurement: Offers end-to-end solutions across both indirect and direct procurement materials, focusing on measurable improvements in compliance, total cost of ownership (TCO), working capital, material and services availability, and user satisfaction.
Genpact helps chemical companies innovate and build supply chain processes to support expansion into new growth economies. Combining our process capabilities, including process reengineering with analytics and technology, we help clients intelligently unlock revenue opportunities, improve operational effectiveness, and maximize ROI from capital assets.
Why we are different:
- Deep process expertise, coupled with a workforce that is highly-skilled in Lean and Six Sigma
- A rich heritage as a former GE company, involving significant experience with process and discrete manufacturing industries
- Strong governance, customer-centric model , and high customer satisfaction ratings (Net Promoter Score)
- Global company providing services from multiple geographies, operating 24/7 and able to support companies in nearly every country in the world
- Expertise and experience with both suppliers (oil and gas) and end-user industries, including plastics, petrochemicals, and polymers
A diversified chemical manufacturing company wanted to optimize inventory and provide products to customers more quickly. Genpact implemented smarter analytics in the areas of demand and supply planning, inventory management, and logistics. This resulted in a US$3.4 million reduction of aged chemical inventory and a decrease in manufacturing lead time from 41 to 35 days.
A global chemical company was not able to effectively manage its on-hand inventory, impacting its bottom line. Genpact assessed its order-to-delivery process, applied Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to identify improvement areas, and implemented smarter processes and analytics. This resulted in a 27% reduction in on-hand chemical inventory carrying costs, increased inventory visibility, and standardized global processes.
A leading specialty chemicals and materials company had cash stuck in its accounts payable process. Genpact designed a new payment strategy, standardized commercial terms, and implemented new workflows for dispute resolution. This helped the client realize US$18 million cash flow and reduce past dues by 51%.
A leading petrochemical manufacturer faced significant challenges in payment processing and implementing a new payment application. Genpact conducted a payment process audit and analyzed the Payment In Transit (PIT) account, resulting in a strengthened payments process and the identification of €1 million working capital blockage and duplicate payments worth €1.3 million.
A migration to the latest version of SAP with Unicode support was an essential requirement for a leading US-based chemical manufacturer running on SAP 3.1i, as it had to meet Environmental Health and Safety (EHandS) regulatory compliance deadlines. Globally, this was a first of its kind – a speedy, multi-generational leap from SAP 3.1i to SAP ERP 6.0 – but took Genpact only 10 months and came in within budget and with no disruption to the client’s business. In addition, Genpact saved both time and significant client dollars for the fully supported SAP ERP 6.0, through SAP EHS management.