Transformation and Consulting
Generating Business Process Transformation Impact
Many business transformation efforts suffer from ineffective change management, resulting in project delays, increased costs, and unrealized business benefits.
Genpact's approach to change is grounded in achieving measurable business outcomes that drive value by aligning leadership and engaging people across the organization.
Working closely with clients and our change management experts, we use a comprehensive change management framework that is customized to meet individual client needs. Our framework is supported by a broad set of tools and accelerators that address clients' specific circumstances, rather than applying a one-size-fits-all methodology.
We architect the Lean DigitalSM enterprise by combining design-thinking principles with Lean approaches, digital technologies and analytics, and deep domain expertise. We reimagine organizations beyond the front, middle, and back office to deliver end-to-end digital solutions that generate business impact.
Our services address the full lifecycle of change to support clients in:
Creating a pragmatic change strategy and plan
- Developing a change strategy that addresses the project challenges and impact
- Creating a plan that supports and enables the program and individual projects
Ensuring alignment across the leadership
- Developing a vision with the leadership team
- Creating an understanding of the change impact, benefits, and risks – and leadership’s role in addressing them
- Coaching senior executives on how to be change leaders
- Understanding the key stakeholders, their level of engagement, and issues with the program
- Creating a stakeholder management plan
Designing focused communications that address stakeholders' needs and behavior changes
- Building a communication strategy that is tailored to the client and its stakeholders
- Continuously updating the communication plan with activities for different stakeholders
Defining roles and aligning organizations
- Mapping roles to individuals and aligning job descriptions
- Revising the organization structure
Ensuring that the business is ready before go live
- Defining high-level change impact at the outset
- Running business-readiness workshops
Identifying, owning, and tracking benefits
- Understanding and sharing the business benefits and creating ownership
- Monitoring how benefits are tracked and addressing any shortfalls
Enabling continuous learning and knowledge management
- Understanding the skills and experience required and equipping people for success
- Creating a blended learning curriculum and delivering training
- Enabling knowledge transfer
Managing change for a global brewery during the creation of a large financial shared services center
A leading brewery was undergoing a large change program to achieve financial excellence and competitive efficiency in financial accounting. The client wanted to create value and improve financial controls.
Genpact worked with the client to design and set up a cross-border finance and accounting shared services center in Europe with more than 1,000 FTEs. It also standardized business processes across 24 operating companies, which was enabled by a common technology platform (SAP). Genpact applied its change management framework, deployed best practices, and implemented change within 120 days to complete the transition ahead of time with no surprises.