IT Infrastructure Services
Application Production Support
Generating Smart Application Support Impact
Supporting critical business applications requires focus not only on the underlying infrastructure but also on business processes, as well as a deep understanding of application functions and domains. For most organizations, roughly 70% of current spend on application maintenance and support goes to labor.
Genpact helps our clients gain value from application production support (APS) engagements through our ShiftLeftSM approach, which enriches the subject matter expertise of domain specialists and pushes repeatable tasks towards automation. Genpact’s APS service line provides domain-led support for critical business applications, reducing our customers’ total cost of ownership and driving positive business impact through committed year-on-year improvements. This enables growth and productivity, increases service levels for end customers, and improves client productivity through proactive management of their IT support business and by leveraging standardization, automation, and analytics.
APS provides integrated solutions with application support for service-level management, application performance management, and IT process automation across a wide range of technology platforms and business domains. Genpact’s APS services act as a single source, catering to a wide range of IT managed service needs and delivering tangible and continuous business impact via industry standard processes optimized by Genpact’s pioneering practices with Six Sigma and ITIL frameworks.
With its robust operations methodologies and proprietary Toll-Gate-Based Transition MethodologySM, backed by extensive experience in APS, Genpact enables its clients to achieve overall operational efficiency and IT cost reductions of as much as 30%, and offers year-on-year productivity improvements and measurable business impact.
- Consulting and advisory services – Application portfolio analysis, service strategy design and transitions, IT service management, IT process automation, and IT optimization through simplification and rationalization
- Execution services – Incident and problem management, batch support, change management, release support and version control, production engineering and middleware support, application servers and web servers, configurations and management, and enterprise and web content management
- Specialized areas – With our experience across business domains like capital markets, health care, hi-tech, and communications. Genpact has been recognized by Gartner, Everest, and other agencies for IT service providers, and is continuously high-ranked in capital markets for its differentiated support for reference data, asset and wealth management, derivatives, clearing, and settlement
Managed Services Model
Genpact leverages its experience and vision in the service industry to offer services under various innovative models. We particularly recommend our managed services model, which maximizes effectiveness and improves productivity in our customers’ businesses. The key characteristics of the model are:
- Total ownership of identified services to be provided by Genpact
- End-to-end transition and steady state operations management with Genpact experts, facilitated by the customer
- Management using service-level agreements (SLAs) agreed upon by the customer and Genpact
- Transparent execution/delivery methodology for service
- Leveraging of Genpact production support process framework, industry best practices like ITIL, and domain expertise, at project and individual levels
The major benefits supporting Genpact’s recommendation of this model include:
- Removal of management and execution overhead for customer
- Objective evaluation of services provided and clear identification of improvement areas
- Clear ownership and accountability for services
- Genpact expertise and best practices, which ensure that the model does not have to go through internal reiterations to start generic initiatives
Genpact, with its ShiftLeftSMapproach enabled a customer to reduce its mean time to recovery (MTTR) from 8.5 hours to 1.5 hours. Genpact also applied its optimization framework to help save more than US$1 million in business impact for one of its customers in 2012. An optimization exercise also helped the customer adopt a different strategy for identity management, and reduced its TAT by 80%.
Genpact enabled a global brokerage house to significantly decrease operational costs and increase efficiencies through a global IT support services consolidation. Genpact delivered 40% upfront savings by leveraging process standardization, horizontal services, IT process automation, and a distributed onsite offshore model. Genpact also provided 7% year-on-year savings on spend through continuous process improvements over five years.