What We Do
Indirect Source to Pay
Generating Smart Source-to-Pay Impact
With third-party spend accounting for up to two thirds of an organization's cost base, procurement is a key strategic lever to improve profitability, generate revenue, drive savings, and optimize working capital, while also accessing innovation, and mitigating risk.
To achieve these results, chief procurement officers must align and integrate an operating model that delivers repeatable, scalable execution of procurement strategy. Genpact combines deep procurement domain expertise, process excellence, and digital technologies to offer transformational consulting and deliver business process management services across the source to pay lifecycle.
Genpact designs, transforms, and runs procurement functions operations for global enterprises.
We manage more than US$50 billion of spend and process 7.5 million transactions a year for our clients. With deep experience across indirect categories, we support, optimize, and manage the end-to-end sourcing and supplier management lifecycle.
Our unique Lean DigitalSM approach combines our Smart Enterprise ProcessesSM framework with core IT and Systems of EngagementTM technologies, and Data-to-Action AnalyticsSM, to deliver Intelligent OperationsSM that institutionalize transformational change for clients.
Our offerings focus on three main areas.
Strategy and transformation
We enable procurement functions to deliver business outcomes by designing and implementing strategies and programs that include:
- Procurement diagnostics to assess the maturity and effectiveness of the procurement function and shape the required transformation initiatives
- Operating model design, implementation, and optimization
- Capability assessment, development, and training with our Procurement Academy framework
- Improved financial integration and visibility between the business, finance, and procurement
- Supply chain optimization with an integrated network of buyers and suppliers
- Third-party risk management for assessing and mitigating supply chain risk
Sourcing and supplier management
Our practitioners' deep industry and category experience delivers savings, efficiencies, and improvements through the following:
- End-to-end category management from strategy development to strategic sourcing project execution, assisted buying, and supplier management
- Insight and competitive advantage through comprehensive supply market intelligence and spend analytics
- Hosted source to pay solutions or technology partnerships for spend analytics, eRFx, eAuctions, and contract management
- Supplier management and development frameworks to maximize strategic relationships across the supply base
We combine process and technology excellence to drive efficient and flexible procurement operations, including:
- Requisition to pay process management
- Transaction and contract management analysis and reporting to drive compliance and maximize financial benefits
- Master data management for catalog, vendor and item master, and contract master management
- Supplier setup, PCard, and catalog management services
Our approach has generated hundreds of millions of dollars of business impact to clients around the world:
Reducing operating costs through procurement transformation and strategic sourcingRead Now
Third-party risk management: A global pharmaceutical addresses the ethical dimensions of supply chain managementRead Now
A global security software company had no mandate to drive spend through procurement and lacked savings visibility. Genpact created a center of excellence for operational sourcing support, launched a unified buying process, and improved category management and contract management. The company saved more than US$72 million in five years, saw an 11% increase in spend under management, and reduced procurement turnaround time by 20%
A global medical technology company faced cost pressures across the business. Consultancy spend was high and out of control with no cost transparency or demand management. Genpact established governance, approval, and demand control processes and negotiated rate cards to achieve a 42% decrease in annual consultancy spend. This also enabled performance measurement of and reporting on quality, client focus/flexibility, invoicing, and compliance
A major pharmaceutical company outsourced sourcing and procurement to Genpact for more than two million transactions across key commodities in more than 40 countries. Within five years, the company had achieved 45% of spend going through eRFX and eAuctions, a 20% increase in contract compliance, and 30% savings from automation
For a leading energy company, Genpact provided spend analytics and sourcing for key indirect categories. As part of a five-year engagement, Genpact improved spend visibility by 35% and increased overall compliance
A global pharmaceutical company required a step change in procurement performance and business engagement. Genpact optimized the procurement organization structure and implemented a Procurement Academy to drive capability development. Employee satisfaction increased by more than 20% and brought talent attrition within expected levels. By attracting and retaining talent, the procurement team became recognized as trusted partners by business customers