Finance and Accounting
Genpact's treasury outsourcing expertise provides our clients with instant access to country- and industry-specific knowledge from more than 400 treasury domain specialists. We design, transform, and run advanced operating models that help our clients streamline treasury processes, cut costs, and drive greater efficiency from cash forecasting to fund accounting services.
Genpact’s Treasury Management Services build on our Lean DigitalSM approach that harnesses design-thinking methods, Lean principles, digital technologies and analytics, and deep domain expertise.
We support clients across multiple industries, in processes ranging from transactional activities, such as accounting for funds movement, to more strategic services, such as liquidity and risk management. We manage all reporting requirements for international product or capital flows, and country-specific guidelines for transfer pricing.
These solutions are supported by our Digital Smart Enterprise Processes (SEPSM) framework, which combines process design and execution, analytics, and technologies to reimagine business outcomes.
Whether reducing time to reconcile in fund movements or ensuring all accounts are part of a forecasting model, we focus on generating impact.
Our Treasury Management services encompass:
- Cash/fund management to help clients save on spread and reduce exposure with individual banks
- Match funding to help businesses minimize their interest-rate risk
- Cash transactions accounting to coordinate cash management, and enable appropriate accounting and clearing of open items
- Intercompany current-account reconciliation and monitoring to deliver proper accounting of intercompany cash movements and timely resolution of open items
- Monitoring of equity, investment, and income accounts for funding entities to enable compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Treasury reporting to support appropriate statutory reporting and preparation of financial statements, and meet mandated disclosure requirements (FAS 52, 133/61, 115, 157)
- Transfer pricing reports for multiple jurisdictions, for internal and external reporting compliance
- Services for currency exposures accounting, including functional support during financial systems implementation
- Documentation for hedge effectiveness testing
Genpact's treasury solutions are supported by our comprehensive Systems of EngagementTM for Record to Report (R2R). This agile solution layer integrates with organizations’ existing systems of records to enhance controllership and compliance, improve the quality of operations, shorten processing times, and facilitate better cash flow management. In addition, we deliver treasury services to clients that use a treasury workstation or proprietary and top-of-the-market tools, such as SunGard and TMS.
From fund accounting services to risk management to more accurately predicting cash flow, Genpact delivers solid and measurable value to our treasury clients:
$200 million accuracy improvement in cash forecasting
A major U.S.-based insurance company discovered a more than $200 million difference between the firm's actual cash and forecasted cash in a six-month period. Genpact's four-month root cause analysis revealed that more than 100 bank accounts containing principal and interest transactions had not been included in the forecasting model. By reengineering the model, increasing controllership, and improving communications among stakeholders, we brought the underutilized cash down to allowable limits of less than $2 million within six months.
33% decrease in time to reconcile for unreconciled fund movements
A U.S.-based conglomerate's treasury department executed approximately 25,000 fund movements through 500+ bank accounts. Reconciliation was done post-facto, with an average TTR of 12 days and a maximum age of unreconciled items of around 30 days. Genpact treasury and analytics teams partnered to analyze data for the two previous years, and then designed a predictive risk model that proactively highlighted risky and potentially unreconciled fund movements and reduced the average TTR to eight days.