Client: A tax services company serving customers across five countries in 12,000 locations
Business need addressed: Transform the client services organization (CSO) to improve efficiency
Genpact solution: Enabled the firm to achieve operational excellence while enhancing agent productivity and improving customer satisfaction
Business impact: Greater operational efficiency and $10 million in cost savings across three lines of business
One of the leading tax services firms based in North America wanted to transform its CSO to optimize operations, achieve higher efficiency, and deliver a superior customer experience.
The tax services firm's CSO was under pressure to create value, deliver superior customer experience, and reduce operating costs. Some of the major challenges faced by the CSO were:
- Operational silos leading to higher costs
- Lack of an integrated customer experience
- Lack of data driven-insights to make informed business decisions
- Business seasonality leading to surges in customer interactions
To address these challenges, the firm needed a solution focused on its vision of improving the general operations of the CSO and lowering operational costs.
Genpact collaborated with the firm on a two-year transformation journey. The key objective of the partnership was to enable the client to achieve a unified view of a customer's journey across the contact system.
Genpact conducted executive interviews to collect data, perform effort–impact analysis, and identify the root causes of the key challenges. Based on the assessment of the state of the CSO, multiple work streams were identified for process improvement:
- Improved first-call resolution through call elimination: Genpact analyzed repeat and transfer calls to identify the reasons and objectives for such calls. The results were used to improve first-call resolution, with a focus on call elimination across lines of business
- Enhanced agent productivity: Workforce management was optimized by streamlining data to reduce call volume and improve agent productivity. Techniques such as call-volume forecasting and advanced staff-modeling, including virtual queues and callback technologies, were implemented to optimize agent productivity, which resulted in improved customer satisfaction
- Optimized Interactive Voice Response (IVR) through speech and text analytics: Genpact implemented a speech and text analytics framework to mine granular customer insights and optimize the firm's IVR system. An analytics center of excellence (CoE) was established to identify improvement opportunities and develop business cases to prioritize implementation efforts
Genpact's solution enabled the firm to identify points of experience breakage during the customer journey, and generated the following business impact for the firm:
- Lower repeat and transfer call volumes helped reduce the operational footprint and improve customer satisfaction
- Improved IVR efficiency and agent productivity led to $10 million in savings over the course of the project
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org