In today’s globalized world, OEMs and product engineering companies face constant challenges around shortening New Product Innovation (NPI) cycles, reducing development costs and meeting the demands of emerging markets with new products. Compounding the problem is a shortage of experienced engineers with the depth of industry knowledge needed to shorten time to market, lower manufacturing costs, and provide the innovative solutions needed to out compete.
Not every manufacturer faces these challenges. For 15 years Genpact Engineering Services has been helping intelligent enterprises foster product innovation and reduce time to market with our strong talent pool of highly experienced engineers. Their collective knowledge spans aerospace, energy, transportation, telecommunications, healthcare, and a host of other industries in markets around the world. Our collaborative approach to solving complex engineering problems reduces the time needed to penetrate new markets, improves and sustains product compliance levels, and drives technology leadership wherever our clients operate.
Since our beginning as a captive of GE, Genpact has leveraged the power of our deep Lean Six Sigma heritage to empower what we call intelligent enterprises—innovative companies capable of keeping up with change. Built on Genpact’s proprietary Smart Enterprise Processes (SEPSM) framework of smarter processes, detailed analytics, and targeted technologies, Genpact Engineering Services enable our clients to minimize product development costs, enhance capacity and reduce time to market. We provide end- to-end design and engineering solutions ranging from new product development and introduction, technical documentation, and engineering design and analysis, to support for technical infrastructure such as PLM and CAD tool customization.
Genpact helps our engineering clients more clearly define product offerings to cut material costs, manufacturing times and costs, and overall program management timelines and expenses. From tool design to reverse engineering, our highly trained engineering staff brings new perspectives to your projects to augment your institutional knowledge, speed development, and drive savings from end-to-end of the development process.
- Product design and development (mechanical, integration engineering)
- Tool design and development
- Verification and validation support
- NPI / NPD support
- Reverse engineering
- PLC / SCADA
- Product development management
- Technical marketing
- Program management
- Electrical, electronics
Genpact supports our clients with a variety of engineering documentation for aerospace, energy and industrial. Our engineers assist with all areas of your documentation from regulatory compliance to certification support. Our best practices reduce product development time and cost, and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Product regulatory compliance (ROHS, WEEE, REACH and FAA)
- Technical documentation
- Bill of Material management
- Engineering change management
- Plant / Process layouts
- Program management from concept to field
- Certification program management
- FAR 33 certification support
Genpact supports CAE and non-CAE analysis for our clients in the energy and aerospace industries. Our highly skilled resource pool possesses deep domain knowledge and works on a variety of engineering analyses to arrive at accurate results. You achieve optimized products you can take to market faster, at less cost.
- Value engineering
- Design for manufacturing and reliability
- Finite element analysis
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Mold flow analysis
- Installation reliability
Manufacturing Engineering Support
Genpact supports our clients with years of experience in manufacturing engineering support, applying our diverse industry knowledge to help our clients reduce product development time and management costs.
- Product development management
- Business program plans
- Program scheduling
- Hardware tracking
- Design hardware changes
- Product improvements
- Spare and retrofit
- Hardware kitting
- Final engine assembly support
- Capacity reviews
- Tooling capabilities
Engineering IT (CAD and PLM)
Our highly skilled team helps our clients reduce product management costs with CAD customization, design automation and PLM simplification, reducing product design time and cost and speeding time to market.
- Solution design
- Data migration
- Test support
- Component and engine test support
Genpact Global Engineering Services helps our clients get to market quickly and effectively with innovative products that differentiate them from their competitors—one of the hallmarks of an intelligent enterprise.
- For a Global Energy Equipment Manufacturer, Genpact designed and developed mechanical and electrical assemblies and reduced time to market by six months. We lowered direct material spend by 45% using value engineering to optimize the design and manufacturing requirements.
- For a Global Medical Device Manufacturer, Genpact developed product regulatory documentation and implemented design conversions to significantly reduce time to market by five months in the European Union (EU). We also helped the client select the most contemporary and cost-effective technologies, saving over $1MM in design costs.
- For a Global Oil and Gas Equipment Manufacturer, Genpact integrated the client’s ERP and PLM systems, customized the CAD systems, and improved process efficiencies and design cycle times by over 300%.
- A technology leader in the fluid fitting industry faced high costs for tooling and fixtures due to a lack of design modularity. Genpact used Solidworks models to enhance fixture life and performance, saving the client $1.3MM by reducing setup, inventory and maintenance costs.
- A manufacturer of nacelles had lengthy repair and inspection down times and no tool for predicting fatigue life. Genpact implemented advanced modeling techniques to project crack growth under all flight conditions and identified corrective actions to avoid high costs in component replacement,