The Transportation and Logistics Industry
trends are lead indicators of economic performance. This industry is on a path of recovery from the global slowdown however they are still facing challenges in:
- Reducing total cost of operations without impacting service levels
- Asset and talent utilization - Low tonnage, backlogs, YOY logistics cost deflation demand from shippers and a shrinking pool of supply chain and logistics professionals
- Logistics Network performance - Non Standard and discontinuous approach to logistics performance measures, and dynamic changes in network design
- Global supply chain and logistics visibility and efficiencies
- Cash flow and Day Sales Outstanding (DSO) improvements
In this environment, transportation and logistics companies will have to develop the ability to anticipate evolving customer needs, adapt to change, address both opportunities and uncertainty to drive better business outcomes and outcompete.
Genpact’s global shared services model help transportation and logistics companies achieve global cost visibility and optimization, enhanced profit margins, increased supply chain effectiveness and faster speed to market. This approach decouples transactional and informational flows from the physical movements in a company’s logistics supply chain and enables them to become:
- Adaptive through Genpact’s virtual “On demand as a service” team of supply chain and logistics, operations research and industrial engineering professionals helps companies with effective asset utilization strategies, real time visibility into network performance and fleet mix planning.
- Connected through a ‘Virtual Captive’ model which seamlessly integrates a company’s core and support functions reducing its total cost of operations by 20-30% and efficiency gains of 5-7%.
- Smarter through our strong finance and accounting experts who design the right collection strategies to increase DSO and cash flow improvements.