The global chemical industry is witnessing several changes in the form of new trends and challenges, such as:
- Globalization: Expansion into emerging geographies; restructuring and consolidation are leading to increased pressure on margins, growth, change management, costs and portfolio rationalization.
- Fluctuating raw material prices and global supply chain: resulting in high chemical inventory (raw materials and finished goods), ineffective procurement and disintegrated supply chains.
- Strict industry regulations: Continued focus on international reporting standards and increasing need for standardization of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) in emerging markets
- while producing at a lower total cost of operations and optimized utilization of assets. from new Asian players and entry into growing markets such as China and India.
These challenges require chemical companies to constantly innovate, increase responsiveness and agility, and grow profitably. Overall, they constantly face challenges in managing a global organization while producing at a lower total cost of operations and optimized utilization of assets.
Genpact helps chemical companies innovate and build supply chain processes to support expansion into new growth economies. Combining our process acumen with analytics and technology, we help clients intelligently unlock revenue opportunities, improve operational effectiveness and maximize ROI from capital assets. Integration of acquisitions is made simpler and faster by leveraging our process re-engineering expertise.
- Deep process expertise coupled with a highly skilled workforce in Lean and Six Sigma
- Rich Heritage – Former GE company – Significant experience working with process and discrete manufacturing industries
- Strong governance and customer centric model – High customer satisfaction ratings (Net Promoter Score)
- Global company providing services from multiple geographies – we can operate 24x7 and support nearly every country in the world
- Expertise and experience with both suppliers (Oil and Gas) and end-user industries (such as plastics, petrochemicals, and polymers)
Genpact provides a comprehensive suite of BPO, Analytics and IT services and solutions to chemical companies:
- Smart Enterprise Processes (SEPSM) is Genpact’s proprietary business process management framework which can make enterprises more competitive and intelligent. For more details on the different SEP suites, click here
- Smart Decision Services
- Analytics and Research - Delivers insights and intelligence to help companies make smarter decisions and address challenges around regulations, risk and growth
- Business Process Re-engineering - Drives chemical process optimization and ongoing effectiveness through the Global Business Services model
- Technology Management - Our end-to-end solutions and proprietary process driven tools across
Enterprise Application and IT Infrastructure Management help chemical companies maximize their IT investments and operational efficiencies.
- Finance and Accounting Services - End-to-end solutions for the financial supply chain including accounts payable, order to cash, record to report and general ledger
- Recovery Audit Services - Post-payment audit to recover excess payment from suppliers
- Product Cost Accounting - provides a holistic view of product cost and the related variance analysis enabling fact-based and granular decision making resulting in improved margins
- Enterprise Risk Management - End-to-end risk management solutions across market risk, credit risk and operational risk
- Risk Analytics – including contract risk, profitability analysis, credit and market risk for better decision making
- Inventory optimization - helps chemical companies reduce working capital and salvage
- Supply Chain Decision Services - help reduce cost and working capital, while improving service levels by optimizing complete chemical supply chain
- Logistics Analytics - enhances visibility and optimization across the logistics network including design, distribution centers, carrier sourcing and metrics rationalization
- Procurement - End-to-end solutions across both indirect and direct procurement materials, focusing on measurable improvements in compliance, total cost of ownership (TCO), working capital, material and services availability and user satisfaction.
Proud sponsors of WBR SCM Chem 2012. Click to avail special Genpact discount of 25% on attendee fee