Genpact cares for the community. Caring@Genpact, our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative, aims to mesh our social and environmental principles into our operational fabric. We have institutionalized a culture of giving among our employees through a number of global platforms and programs, like payroll giving and volunteerism. We provide our employees with a single community engagement interface to volunteer for community service events, including those related to the elderly, the differently-abled and children.
Being a Responsible Corporate Citizen
At Genpact, giving is a way of life. Genpact empowers its employees to give back to the communities where they live and work. Key themes are Environmental Conservation, Diversity in Workforce, community impact programs such as Genpact Volunteers, Employee Payroll Donations, Disaster Relief, Social Investments, and Recycling Used IT Equipment.
Environmental Conservation and Green Initiatives
Genpact is committed to achieve excellence in safe and environmentally-friendly work practices by keeping in mind employees’ interest as well as those of the planet at large. Genpact has a global consolidated Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) policy signed by our CEO, Pramod Bhasin, and displayed across every location. To remain in alignment with our legal policy, we have renamed it as Genpact SWE (Safe Work Environment) policy.
Some of the key highlights of this program are:
- Genpact has attained ISO 14001 for all its India sites, as well as Mexico, China, Philippines, and Hungary
- We ensure 100 percent compliance to all established regulatory standards for air pollution, noise pollution, effluent quality, among others
- We have set our own internal objectives and targets on specific environmental standards as per the requirement of ISO-14001
- We control our infrastructure exposures through internal EHS standards relevant to our operation
- We have engaged a consulting organization to work with us on mapping our Carbon footprint and identify opportunity areas for reduction
- We have decided to adopt the Green Buildings design strategies for all our newly constructed owned sites
- We have invested in latest technologies to improve our power efficiency and minimize environmental releases
- We carry out ongoing campaigns to recycle, reduce waste, and conserve energy
Diversity in Workforce
Women comprise 37 percent of workforce at Genpact—a figure we are very proud of. We are also focused on hiring people with disabilities into our operations, engaged with different operations and functions ranging from accounting, insurance, and customer care to hiring and HR shared services. Some of our visually-impaired employees have been with us for years and have grown from an associate level to middle management positions, handling different roles and responsibilities and even leading teams.
More than 10,000 registered volunteers drive the Genpact Employee Volunteering program through 150+ community service events. Here is a snapshot of the generated local community impact:
- More than 8,000 employees across India, Mexico, Romania, Hungary and Philippines are cumulatively donating USD $260,000 a year through the Payroll Giving program to the causes of education and health
- Imparted our trial and tested soft skill and communication skill training to 40 colleges and 100 teachers in multiple Indian states
- In 2011 we saw 23 percent of our global employees volunteering 7 hours a year to the causes of education and disabled
- Donated more than US$300,000 to various healthcare, employability and disaster relief programs
- Donated over 2,453 systems to educational outfits and non-profit organizations in India and 23,365 were sent for e-waste
Genpact Limited (NYSE: G), a global leader in business process management and technology services, leverages the power of smarter processes, smarter analytics and smarter technology to help its clients drive intelligence across their enterprise. Genpact’s Smart Enterprise Processes (SEPSM) framework, its unique science of process combined with deep domain expertise in multiple industry verticals, leads to superior business outcomes. Genpact’s Smart Decision Services deliver valuable business insights to its clients through targeted analytics, reengineering expertise, and advanced risk management. Making technology more intelligent by embedding it with process and data insights, Genpact also offers a wide range of technology services. Driven by a passion for process innovation and operational excellence built on its Lean and Six Sigma DNA and the legacy of serving GE for more than 15 years, the company’s 60,000+ professionals around the globe deliver services to its more than 700 clients from a network of 70+ delivery centers across 18 countries supporting more than 30 languages. For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow Genpact on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.